- Keep your vehicle in good mechanical condition; wear protective clothing
- Always wear a DOT-compliant helmet, goggles, long sleeves, long pants, over-the-ankle boots, and gloves.
- Never ride on paved roads except to cross when done safely and permitted by law – another vehicle could hit you. …
- Never ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Make sure your lights are clean and work properly.
- Travel only in familiar terrain.
- Stay on established trails.
- Always carry a flare or flashlight for emergency signaling.
- Never travel alone.
- Pull off the trail if you stop so that you won’t be a hazard to others.
What are safety precautions?
noun. a precaution that is taken in order to ensure that something is safe and not dangerous.
Why do we need to follow safety measures?
Safety rules are in place to protect the people of our community. They protect all of us. Many safety regulations were implemented because of a condition that led to someone getting seriously injured or killed.
When planning a trip into a remote area what should you do to familiarize yourself with the terrain?
Use a map to familiarize yourself with the area. If the area is remote, also purchase a topographic map and familiarize yourself with the terrain. If you own a GPS, take it along. If you don’t have one, consider buying one.
What are the 10 safety precautions?
Reduce Workplace Stress. …
Use Tools and Machines Properly. …
Use Mechanical Aids When Possible. …
Wear Protective Equipment. …
Stay Sober. …
Be Aware of Your Surroundings. …
Correct Posture Protects Your Back. …
Be Alert and Awake.
What are some precautionary safety measures that we need to observe in handling using materials?
Carefully read the ingredient list of any product or chemical you use. …
Purchase the proper personal protective equipment like gloves or goggles. …
Be aware of the hazardous materials you come in contact with. …
Follow safe procedures when you handle hazardous material.
What are the eight rules of survival that every hunter should follow?
Give a responsible person your hunting plan.
Don’t travel or hunt alone.
Take enough food and water to last for several days in an emergency.
Bring a map and compass, and always orient yourself before leaving camp.
Wear layered clothing, and take extra clothing, preferably wool and polyester, with you.
What are the risks of a quick trip on a snowmobile?
The risks on short trips can be heightened because they aren’t recognized. Overconfidence puts even experienced riders at risk. Anyone can get lost or injured. Without the means to contact someone or to get back, otherwise simple injuries, such as a simple fall over an unnoticed obstacle, can become life-threatening.
Why do we have to observe precautionary safety measures in doing crafts?
Cuts are the most common injury from working with arts and crafts materials. Some materials can also: Cause burns or irritation to skin or eyes. Cause poisonings if toxic dust or fumes are inhaled.